Posted in Knitting
There are many reasons I love this pattern:
- it’s a cowl and a shawl in one
- the name is a pop culture reference
- there is a business in Austin called Zuzu’s Petals
- it’s lacey but not super femme
- it’s made by one of my favorite Rav people, Carina Spencer (who I met due to my old Ravelry name being a title of a song her husband wrote while in one of my all-time favorite bands, The Casket Lottery)
I’ve made two so far, both were yarn splurges. The first is with Alisha Goes Around Pulchritude of Peacocks DK in “Helios”.
The second is in Lang Yarns Sol Dégradé, a slow-change dyed cotton.
I loved working with both yarns, though I have to say that the Sol Dégradé bled like CRAZY when I soaked it. The water was solid blue after sitting for 20 minutes in Eucalan. I’ve already work the Alisha Goes Around cowl; put it on with a cropped black blazer and wore it while I taught on Monday. Loved it. I made the cotton one so I had a cooler cowl to wear in Austin’s perpetual anti-wool weather.
I definitely recommend following her bind-off instructions.